Thursday, September 21, 2006

Farewell Gathering











What do I know to anticipate that something will go wrong, try to avoid a person or skip an event. I have learned today that being out there and facing what is meant to be encountered is just much fulfilling and comforting.
Worst case scenario, when things don't go the way we wished to , we only get to live it once, dump the bitter part of the bad memory/incident, keep the part where the lesson was and just move on. On the contrary, trying to maneuver and escape the piece that is expected to be undesirable will only consume our brains and feelings, the negative assumptions and phobic thoughts will just take over for good as we never get a closure to this subject except that we think it's over but you never know. It's a small world and what was avoided can just emerge when it's least expected not to mention the good unexpected twist that could have been missed.

In short I went to my farewell gathering tonight, it was surprisingly beautiful. Everyone was so nice, warm and concerned. Now I can say there is really no hard feelings, every negative thought I used to have, has totally been wiped off.
I am really so relieved to have the chance to have a wonderful closure. And walk away with such an exhilarating experience.

12 Comments:

  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger lifeflaw said…

    Reading your post made me so happy. I am glad that things turned out well. :)

     
  • At 3:30 AM, Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said…

    it really looks so nice :)

    wish you all the best there as well ;)

     
  • At 4:19 AM, Blogger Jannah said…

    Wow I'm so happy for you Nesrina :)

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy that you went. Well done Niso :)

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Ahmad, Blue, Jannah and Tarek
    I am so happy as well and you made me even happier.
    All the best to your my very dear friends and many thanks for your thoughtful and sweet comments.

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    :) Very practical and wise thoughts...
    I'm very glad that you chose (well, I think) to go to the farewell gathering and that you liked it. :)))

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Many thanks Emlino, I am glad I went too. wish you all the best my friend.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger E N G Y said…

    Nesrina,
    It was really nice, actually I didn't expect this too.

    I'm glad that you left with no hard feeling to anyone, and left as friends.

    Miss you at work ya gameela, will miss Islam too, no one will call me "7iat el nfoos" any more:D

    Gooooood luck for both of you guys.

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    I missed you too, was really glad we went yesterday. I will miss Islam too, still Ana 7elm 7ayato :P
    Best of luck to you to honey, and who knows will dig for vacancies there isA and conspire with Dalia :D

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger E N G Y said…

    :DDD
    Read his quote, it is "change in plan", this new plan is en ana ba2et 7elm 7aiato, ana "7aiat el nfoos" remember:DD
    LOL

    Wish I can be with u girls, isA.:)

     
  • At 3:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    It is wonderful to leave a place and find you left people who love you, I think this is the best thing that happens, from the comments you seam like a beloved person from every one and it seamed like a warm party. Good luck then with what you are up to.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Engy,
    I read his quote but I had a different explanation ;)although I don't mind, he is a brother u know :)

    Hechkok,
    Many thanks, that's all I wanted to have a warm closure to five years of my life nothin more and thank god I just had it :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home