Friday, September 01, 2006

Finally September … My Own Calendar

I am not a summer person by all means. I do love this month so much may be because of the beautiful memories that I have related to school and college…
I wrote a post a year ago and was surprised that the same feelings are coming back to me.
One good advantage of blogging is keeping track of some events and thoughts.
I got this idea of thinking about what each month represents to me, let's try it out:
(Warning ... it's very simple and childish :)

September: Reminds me of how things were when I was younger … the stationery, school uniform, pack bags, shoes, books, …
October: things get calmer and the day gets shorter … wonderful strolls in the morning.
November: Just wait for it to rain … for me it's like an official announcement of winter.
December: woolen clothes and boots, I love winter outfits, they are always dressy and I believe I look my best in winter.. .so do most of people, you don't see sweaty people in the street. Don't know everything looks classy in winter.
January: gets colder and colder, in Egypt that's the coldest month of all. It rains more often as well. At night there is nothing better than a family or friends evening watching TV or talking with the heater on, drinking hot chocolate.
Cinnamon rolls or chocolate cake are always very much recommended in such evenings :)
February: Still cold with brighter, sunny mornings.
March: It's for me the complete opposite of September, it announces that the spring is just around the corner … the weather is wild and unpredictable with sand storms.
People complain about the weather, allergies, dust … I noticed that it's not only my mood is affected but most of people as well.
April: we get used a little to the warmer weather and begin to appreciate that green color taking over and wonderful flowers glowing under the golden rays of the sun.
May: what can I say … I have to like it, My twin sister and I were born in May :)
June: Hot June, the day time is getting longer and it's summer holiday for school students, everywhere is crowded and the traffic becomes horrific.
July: Oh Hotter… one thing you can do to make it better… RUN, seriously traveling to the north coast or Alex becomes a must to take a break and escape from the heat.
August: THE HOTTEST but knowing that September will follow makes it pass. This month is like preparing to hibernate. Whoever haven't get the chance to travel, he travels as of it's forbidden to travel to coastal cities after this month.

Apart from this calendar .. there comes Ramadan, at a different timing each year but it deserves a post of its own.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said…

    yeah, ramadan does

    but alas, ba2a 5als 7yd5ol in summer :(

    i am not a summer fan, and not a winter fan as well.. i love automn better than any

    yalla,, ahy kolaha senen a ayam w bt3adi

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Mystery said…

    I can't wait for Ramadan :-) And I love September, I have to say. I love fall. Summer is just so hot here!

    I also love your notes of each month :)

    Blue: Why sound do desperate? Cheer up!

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said…

    mmm,, mesh 3arfa

     
  • At 2:47 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Blue,
    I love the fall too better than any other season but don't you think that it's ruined since it becomes the smoky season (2ash el rozz). bas still beautiful in the morning :)

    Mystery,
    I can't wait for Ramadan too walahi, thanks dear.

    blue again,
    Cheer up ya gameela.

     
  • At 2:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    By the way, I like this blog template so much, especially that the background suits its title.

     
  • At 3:01 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Thanks so much ya Tarek, glad you like it :)

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    How r u doing ya Neri ??? :)

    The title caught my eyes :))) , i never thought anyone will love september :) , it's my birthday month ...however,i don't like it :S cause it reminds me of school and i never liked school days...i was the hard working student and it was way exhausting for me , didn't feel that free ..

    I kept thinking ..faveourite month...mmm ..dunno..but i love winter months in general . so i'll pick january , cause also it's the first month of the new year , i love new years ...always cold :D

     
  • At 3:54 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Hi Rain,
    Missed you so much. Happy Birthday :), but when exactly will it be.
    I love new year too, who doesn't.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home