Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Message in a bottle

I have been reading again about the messages in the bottles that were found and the history of this practise.
The majority are sad stories. Most of them were sent by people who really needed to be rescued and they were calling for help.
So what came in my mind … Were they that desperate as they were drowning and tried to send this SOS or They had this hope inside them and faith that made them do that ???

"Just a castaway, an island lost at sea,
Another lonely day, with no one here but me,
More loneliness than any man could bear
Rescue me before I fall into despair,

ohI'll send an S.O.S. to the world
I hope that someone gets my
Message in a bottle,

A year has passed since I wrote my note
But I should have known this right from the start
Only hope can keep me together
Love can mend your life
but Love can break your heart

Walked out this morning,
don't believe what I saw
Hundred billion bottles washed up on the shore
Seems I'm not alone in being alone
Hundred billion castaways,
looking for a home"

Message in a bottle lyrics

6 Comments:

  • At 5:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This music is amazing,... the lyrics, the melody, the arrangment, the drums, the voices, oh yes, the voices.. repeating the SOS calling...
    I always remmember this theme when I come to your blog.
    I have to get a ticket to see him (Sting) in Rock in Rio - Lisbon 2006. Pleeeeease...

    P.S.: My comments are getting shorter :)

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger lifeflaw said…

    I wonder why you get yourself into searching for such sad stories!! As if we don't have enough pain in our daily lives.

    I just downloaded it from the Internet. It is a nice song. Thanks for sharing. :)

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger The new kid in the blogger said…

    hi message

    nice words I didnt hear the song yet but I will look for it. by the way you are one of the pink ones my dear. :))))

     
  • At 5:02 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Emlino,
    Glad u liked it, to tell u the truth I didn't like the song as a whole so much , I listened to different versions of the song... the music for me needed to be slower (my opinion) to suit the lyrics, but it's the lyrics that I liked the most.
    Hope u can get the ticket.

    Ahmad,
    I didn't mean to dig for sad stories, I was still under the impression that the real letters that were found were romantic ones (I was influenced by the fascinating movie.. )so I wondered if the real letters were as beautiful and sincere... to my surprise I discovered that most of them were for asking for help as they were drowning :((

    NK,
    Yaaaaaaaaaaay I am one of the PINKs. thanks so much.
    I thought I am gloomy, sometimes I am but it doesn't take a long time :)

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    great lyrics ya MIB, will try to download the song

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Thanks ya Wonderora :)
    Glad u liked it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home