Monday, April 03, 2006

Can’t Decide !

I have to return to the HR tomorrow isA with my decision. I am totally lost, I sat today with (S) and we talked. I was very honest and told her that I am willing to help but I don’t like to do someone else’s job. The conversation was very straight forward from both sides and even blunt. She knew that I have been offered to move with (O) and she said apart from everything, you have the experience and the new boss here will be needing you more plus you will be able to set your rules.
On the other hand working with (O) is not easy but I already know him and he knows me. so there wont be any surprises and I won’t be trying to prove to him or the rest of the team that I am good or anything, this phase has passed.
The thing is I am looking for a career change but I can’t leave the company till I am settled in the other field that I would like to explore, so meanwhile I will still be here with the two options (Marketing or Sales Development?).
Each one of the two options has its pros and cons for me and there is a tie that I would like to break…

4 Comments:

  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger The new kid in the blogger said…

    hi message of course after you pray Estkhaára thing will better and if you dont mind that I say I think you should stay where you are and prove yourself to the new boss it isnt always right to take what we know because we fear what we dont know my dear I agree with the one you talked with it might be your chance to set your rules hope I was of help :))

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi.
    I imagine that it is not an easy choice... But, if I understood, you had already thought on the good things that each option have (and I think that you should guide by the pros). So a possible exercise that could help is imagine yourself in each place and evaluate where do you think you would feel better... in its every meaning ways...
    Before you make your decision, take a deep breath, close your eyes, pray a few seconds and give your answear with confindence (repeat it as many times as you need; usualy works with me).

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger lifeflaw said…

    What can I say... Welcome to the club. :)

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    NK,
    You were of great help dear. that's what I did. But things took another turn... I informed the HR that I will stay at the marketing.
    After that, they decided to announce for the vacany and if I want I can still apply.

    Emlino,
    I did that...imagined myself in each place and I guess I have to be where I wanted (Marketing), it's where I have the experience too but my wish to leave it was based entirely on the feeling that I am being used by the people there.

    Ahmad,
    I am an old member in the club, actually I am one of the founders ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home