Thursday, March 16, 2006

Alone in the garden, just like this bird in the pond

Seemed to me that I had to go for something I love and get a little indulged to regain the balance that has recently trembled because of the new "Have to do" list.

Yesterday I was very keen to finalize all the outstanding tasks and reports. So I can have today off. Had the camera with me and I managed to get done with my work at 5 sharp to leave the office to somewhere … I wasn't sure where to.
I wasn't ready for long distance driving and I was looking for somewhere peaceful that I can enjoy. Thought of two places; the first one was a garden I know, it's not a park and some people don't even notice as it's surrounded by small bushes and trees but I couldn't help noticing the amazing old trees.
The other place was a big horse stable that I have never been too … but since I have this admiration for horses and how noble they are … wanted to have some photos of them.
Finally went for the first option, I took my camera and began to hunt for a capture. There were some people looking at me very curiously that made me uncomfortable at first then I forgot about them.
Kept on walking around the garden to find where the fence ends, till I found a way.
I entered there and that was it… I was in a whole other world, I forgot about the people, how I look in high heals and yet inside a garden with a camera, the damp grass that can be slippery.
Was a little afraid first as I could hear the sound of frogs, but the flowers were so beautiful and one time I approached and was adjusting my camera mode then I heard another sound of something moving very close that I don't know till now what was it, I got scared and left the spot I was in. I also wanted to shoot the bird that is here in the picture and I couldn't get any nearer so it can notice and fly, I stood there without moving at all and zoomed in. it's not an artistic one but I loved it.
I don't know exactly how long I stayed in the garden, totally lost track of time, under the spell of nature and colors.
Came home with lots of pictures, downloaded them and I noticed that the ones I took when I first arrived were all out of focus, seems I was still uncomfortable and afraid that my hands were not steady. Then things went better.
Spent the rest of the evening reviewing and editing the pictures, still have this feeling that I am all alone in this garden, with the birds, flowers, ponds … it was like a dream.
I then uploaded one of the pictures on Usefilm and I got positive critique, it has been some while since I have uploaded anything on the site and I be this eager to know how the other photographers think and seek feedback.
Thank god I am so much better.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:03 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    OMG!!!
    Amazing pic!
    With ur description , i totally felt the peace of the garden , i felt i've been there too.
    Thanks Neri for sharing this post and the wonderful feelings and of course the wonderful pic :).

    P.S:
    Why don't u upload more of ur pics, or for conveniency , post the url of ur account on Usefilm ??
    I'm a very big fan of photography..although didn't practice it professionally , but i love it :) , esp. nature pics.

     
  • At 5:25 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Thanks a million Rain,
    So glad u liked it, I had a wonderful time and I really wanted to share it with you supportive friends.
    Will upload more pictures, and the url isA.
    I assure u, u will love phtography.

     
  • At 6:00 AM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said…

    Lovely description and pictures ya Neserina :)

     
  • At 1:24 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Moon,
    Thanks sooooooo much, I was so happy and felt wonderful that I can share them with u friends.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home