Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I Enjoyed ...

"It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary" from the Alchemist.

Since last Thursday I was so bored then began to realize that I am much more calm and relaxed, and I decided to look at the bright side and write about what I enjoyed when I was obliged to stay at home doing nothing at all … there were some negative things as well but I want to keep my eye on the positive aspects.
So here it is , I enjoyed:
1- Reading (I read the Alchemist and it's fascinating)
2- Watching TV. ( I keep on flipping the channels till I can find anything bearable and I just watch it without complaining).
3- Sitting with my mom and granny and having nice and funny conversations.
4- Getting the calls of my friends who are calling me every day to check on me, as I am not ready yet for the visits.
5- The rain, as it rained yesterday and today as well and it made me feel as if it's still winter (I LOVE WINTER).
6- Sitting in the living room with the window opened so that I can see the sky till the sun sets (it's a little bit gray today but it doesn't matter, still enjoyable).
7- Turning my cellular phone off till 5:30to avoid any business calls. As my close friends call me on the land line or after six.
8- Today I was able to perform the prayers without having to sit.
9- Waking up any time I want (that's a real good one).
10- Having the chance to think about whether to move or not from my department as the alternative is not very encouraging.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger The new kid in the blogger said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger The new kid in the blogger said…

    told you ya message every thing has its bright side and in your case I am glad you found more than one enjoy as long as you can my dear :))

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Yes NK, I decided to look at the bright side like you said my friend and it paid off :).
    May be I bagan to appreciate the rest and the week off as it is approaching its end and I started to think about work again.

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    yalla enjoy your vacation before it ends.
    Glade to know that you are feeling better now.

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger lifeflaw said…

    I is a blessing when we start to appreciate these tiny things. It gives a new dimension to our lives...

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Wonderer,
    Thanks, I am so much better Al7amd Lellah. and yes the vacations is ending :(

    Ahmad,
    Sometimes we just have to remind ourselves with the very simple things that we are taking for granted but in fact they are of much value.

     
  • At 2:25 AM, Blogger Me said…

    I haven't commented here for quite a while... been busy so no time to really read and comment on my friends' blogs :(

    Shafaaki Allah w 3afaaki ya gameela... glad to see you're looking at things from the positive side...

    Be well :)

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Me,
    It's ok sweetie, hope things are fine with you now.
    Thank god, I even went shopping today ... didn't drive but walked and that was SUPER COOL :))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home