Sunday, March 26, 2006

Zero Risk !

I have been home since Thursday, as I woke up at 4AM with a severe pain in my foot. My mom got up to pray and I called for her and told her that there is something wrong with my foot. I tried to walk and I couldn't. I remained on pain killers taking a tablet every four hours, still my stomach couldn't take it any more.
We called the doctor and he wasn't in Cairo, he gave me an antibiotic and a stronger pain killer and an anti-inflammatory till he sees me on Friday.
I went on Friday and it turned out I have an infection in the tissues of my foot in two parts of the foot one of them is serious and it's causing the swell , temperature and requires an antibiotic. And he ordered me to rest and avoid the pressure for a week.
I sent H (Dept. Admin Assistant) an SMS telling her that I won't be able to walk for a week and will send her a scanned copy of my medical report so she can send it to the HR to let them be informed that it's not an absence. And to inform O and S as well.
What did I get : first I have to clarify that the sms I sent started with "good morning" and a lot of "Please" and "Thanks". She replied "send me your passwords" yes that was the reply !. she didn't even mention why.
Then a friend of mine from work called me and told me that she told O and he made a strange face as if he doesn't believe !
Then … she told me that H called her and asked if I am really sick !.
Finally she told me that O sent her an email with a presentation and some charts telling her "ask Nesreen to develop the same for the other brands". !
I am really mad and surprised, why did they assume I am lying, I am not a liar and they know that quite well. Or are they insensitive to that extent.
I don't need to prove it to them although the medical report is enough.
Anyways, thank god for everything … if they think that way I believe that shows who they are not who I am.
I don't know why would anyone think that way, If I have any doubt about anything that can hurt someone's feelings or add up to his/her problems I would personally go for zero risk and keep the good faith.

11 Comments:

  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger The new kid in the blogger said…

    well nersine first I wish you feel better and that your foot will heal fast and if you need a doctor or any lab investigations I am available. the rule now in our country that people lie and I know how it hurts when you are honset and really sick and no one at work believes that I had this experience once but they dont care and you shouldnt too .

    second look to the bright side staying at home will give you more chance to write and for me to read what you write:)) (I can be mean sometimes and take advatange of people pain sorry) I hope that you wont close your blog like nerro it seems that since I discovered the bolgs'world most of those who I enjoyed reading closed their blogs so Ihope you wont too :(. again get well soon and use the time at home.

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger roora said…

    Salamtek Nesreen , shafakee Allah wee 3fakeee
    Eb2ee ed3eely if you remembered :)

    I don't know what to tell you ! what is that environment you are working in ? It sounds for me as a very unprofessional envirnment and violating for the teamwork ethics.

    WHy would they assume you lie .... unless if they themselves can behave in that way ?

    And why would there be too much talking like that ? I mean why would O ask H and why this girl calls you and tells you all these details about who made such a strange face and about who wondered about if you are saying the truth or not?...

    Actually i didn't like this act from that girl. She should n't be moving trnsfering things from 1 person to another in this manner.


    My advice to you , if any , don;t hear for everything in an absolute manner.

    El mohem , enty matez3leesh and my enjoy your time and having yu around the blogs :)

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Nightlegend said…

    Alf salama 3aleki ,try to have some rest.

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    :(
    Matz3leesh ya Neri, we alf salama 3leeky , i was wondering bardo why didn't u write anything for while now!

    Listen dear, u don't have to prove anything like u said , u'll hand them the medical report and that's it! whether they liked it or not i think u have the right to get a vacation, plus being sick is not a strange thing ya3ny!!
    God I hate this , they just don't have a sense of humanity ..they think employees are machines!

     
  • At 4:20 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    NK,
    Thank god I think I am getting better, at least better than Thursday and Friday. yes it does hurt when people assume that u r not telling the truth and for what...? . I find that difficult to understand. I have been known as a reliable person and I have been working at the comoany for four years. so that was a shock for me.
    Soooooooo many thanks ya gameela and if I need anything will let u know begad.

    Roora,
    Galazaki Allah 7eir for your suportive comments.
    Ana da3etlek walahi enti we Doshar :)
    Look may be the environment is not the best one and yes it's unprofessional I myself go to the company to work that's what I do. I try as much as I can to maintain good relationships with the colleaues and nothing more. that's why I don't really know how they think and why would they assume that any one would lie aslan.
    The friend who told me about O and H reaction I believe she was trying to warn me more wa Allah a3lam. but I know her she didn't mean to make me feel bad.
    Thanks a Roora very much, I do appreciate your opinion begad.

    Nightlegend,
    Many thanks, I am resting :).

    Rain,

    7abibty ana mesh za3lana, Al hamdo lellah 3ala kol 7al.
    I didn't write because I was in so much pain and I didn't have the patience to do anything. but now things are better thanks god.
    Sob7an Allah, I was mad yesterday and I cried wallahi as I couldn't believe how people can be that cruel in judging others but today I found a lot of calls from other colleagues even from different depts. that I didn't expect, sms's , people who want to send me flowers and visit me. I am feeling so much better.
    Thanks ya Rain so much.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger lifeflaw said…

    I hope you get well soon.

    I relaize that the value of the employee is how much he/she is productive to the company... Then they reach a point where they forget that this employee is human who has emotions and who get sick at times. A world where money became god...

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Ahmad,
    Thanks so much.
    that's very correct; I know I have been taken for granted and may be that's what it is. they forgot that a productive person who has been there through the tough times and could manage to deal with a big work load and stress can get sick.But still feels bad.

     
  • At 3:26 AM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    alf salama 3aliki ya nesreen, isa you well be better very soon.
    matez3aleesh from your collegues, fi nas kida, betshok fi swabe3 ediha. As long as you know that you are not doing anything wrong, don't pay attention to anybody
    Get well soon

     
  • At 4:17 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Allah yesalamek ya Wonderer, 7'alas ana mesh za3lana. It's good to know how they think and after all they are not my friends or anything. so I won't pay attention like u said.
    Thanks very much ya Wonderora :)

     
  • At 5:17 AM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said…

    Salamtek ya Nesrine.. hope you are better now.

    As for people at your work.. don't bother yourself with them. You are not lying, and you needn't prove that to them.

    Take good care of yourself :)

     
  • At 5:32 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Thanks so much Moon, my foot is fine now Alhamd Lellah.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home