Monday, February 20, 2006


Dear ...

Last Wednesday was an unpleasant day, I went to work and no actual work has been done. Let's go through the day… may be that will give me the clue on what went wrong.

It was the last day for one of my colleagues, we decided to do something special for him, we arranged to get him a cake (actually two) and a nice present.

Then, my boss called for a department meeting, we gathered into the conference room waiting for the news.. it's unusual to have this kind of unscheduled meetings.
He told us that he will be moving to another department… for me it was the worst timing to hear this piece of news, plus the fact that he was a very good boss.

Back to the original farewell party, I volunteered to go and buy the present. We collected money as a department, I asked a friend of his if he has any preferences. He told me a Mont Blanc pen!

Engy came with me to City Stars and chose a nice one (not extra nice because of the budget, call me old fashioned or naïve but I couldn't believe that a pen can cost 28,000 EGP, the one I got was 1300 thank god).

The weather was very weird that day, when we were in the car …we experienced nearly all the seasons' conditions… it was sunny, then windy, it rained then windy again and more rain then sunny!

Went back to the office, the farewell party wasn't warm. We ate and took some pictures together.

The last part of the day was that CD delivery part … that wasn't the first time that I act weird because of a strange feeling that I have no explanation to and don't know where did it come from. I was tensed and uncomfortable, the negative feelings were mutual I must say.

It's very mystifying that you think you know a person and suddenly, you go like… "who are you" and treat him like a total stranger.

To a great extent, I do trust my intuition, and alarming feelings I felt were telling me that there is something wrong.
I went home after that, to wake up the next morning with the preliminary symptoms of FLU.

The weekend was flu, medications, sleeping and quarreling with my mother about the food because I couldn't eat anything.

Tried to go to work yesterday, thought I was better, drove my car with some difficulty, felt I was week… reached the office, they all noticed from my voice (as there hasn't been any…:). Excused myself and headed back home by 1PM.

And here I am , home again, continuing last weekend's schedule: flu, medications, sleeping but no more quarrels, don't have the strength.



  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger PsychicWizdom said…

    Wow, what a nice week u're having. But it's kinda new, it breaks the routine, right? Nah, I really hope you get well soon :) Again, the really old advice of mine; plenty of fluids will get you going. And don't overstress ur self.

  • At 3:41 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    Salamtek ya Neri, i have the flu too! it's spreading just like bird flu :D.

    why would anyone use a pen costing this amount of money? i wonder !! anyway... i'm old fashioned as well :).

  • At 4:15 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Thanks a million PW and Rain,
    Still struggling with the flu, it's taking time I don't know why with all these medications that I am stuffed with.
    I took your advice PW as I couldn't eat and I am resting.

    And Rain I am happy that I am not alone who thinks that was too much:)

  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said…

    Hope you are better by now Nesrina.

    One of my colleagues is leaving as well, and they wanted to buy him a pen costing i don't know how much.. but I was against the idea.. I don't get it why buy a pen with all that money!! Don't know still what are we gonna buy him.

  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Thanks Moon,

    I am better now, thank god.
    I didn't want to buy him the pen either but that's what he wanted.
    So I prefer to buy a present that would be liked rather than undergoing the risk that he might not like it.
    If you need any help with the present, let me know.


Post a Comment

<< Home