Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Egypt 2006 – ACN

Dear,

As I am in this hyper mood. Yesterday , I asked my sister if she can go with me to the stadium and watch today’s match.
She was stunned and told me … we can’t go there, I said “why not, it’s gonna be so much fun “ I will get you the first class ticket … she totally refused.

So I decided to arrange with my friends. But, I was afraid they might not be interested since it’s football and we girls don’t really understand what is going on and why do people yell and swear… it’s a mystery for us.
So to my surprise, Engy and Soha were very enthusiastic and said Alright … Soha likes football, but Engy and myself … are interested in the experience itself.
So what I am trying to do now ..is, get the tickets for the three of us, I thought it’s a piece of cake but… it’s really sooooooo hard.

There are two people who can help but … I don’t want to ask them. the first one will ask if he can come with us, so it’s going to be embarrassing to say no, and the second one is my boss.

The thing is I am not willing to purchase them, since the company is sponsoring the event … so it goes without saying that they should provide us with the tickets.

I asked a colleague today about the opening event last Friday. how was is LIVE … as she has been in the stadium… for me it was an agony watching it on the TV. Before she started talking …the whole department came and shared their frustration and sarcasm from what they have seen. Starting from the pharaohs show, , the scary masks , the seven exact words said by the president written on a paper, the thirty minutes fire works and then suddenly the song …. It turned out that it was hilarious for all of us.

Hopefully I can get the ticket and live the adventure with the girls next Saturday … as for now, I have appointed a friend of mine at work to teach us some of the things that they say so we won’t look odd at the stadium.

Yours,

5 Comments:

  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    No will go and watch the game isA at the stadium ... wala yehemeni :p
    lazem nerou7 neshaga3 7ata law et3'alabo :) we are Egyptians. we have to be proud of our team whether they win or loose. and tab3an pray for them since they are not that good, may be ...
    yes the 7 words were shocking, but not as much as the Pharaohs, I couldn't believe it, specially markeb el shams :) ... move on ba2a that was thousand of years ago ...

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Eman M said…

    well, walahi el 7afla kollaha 3ala ba3daha kant fedi7a :(

    Nesrine, go the match, even if you don't understand it, it'll be much fun from the whole environment ;)

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Nightlegend said…

    Nice idea ,and I am sure it will give you some refreshment ,already there's an obvious increase in the rate of female atendance in the footbal games since they reopened the Cairo Stadium.

    I have criticized alot of things about this championship on my blog ,including the sponsorship activities of your company ,but it's not your fault ofcourse!

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Me said…

    LOL Nesreen !!! you sound soooo enthusiastic !!! yalla go and tell us all about it !!! ;-)

     
  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Hey Eman,
    Thanks for the encouragement. 2ouly le Nermeena ... besides, I am not totally ignorant about football games, I usually watch football with my dad and he explained some of the terms they use :)ya3ni mesh moshkla el 7agat el sa3ba darbet gaza2 we darbet marma , tasalol ... wel 7agat di 3ashan we girls we will never understand them bas at least when they score ... it's so obvious :)
    and that's what important ..

    Nightlegend,
    The increase in the female attendees of the football game is so much true, as for us a couple of other girls decided to join and I think by saturday... we will be a considerable number ...
    I read your post about the ACN and I noticed your comment about my company bas there are things u don't know are behind the curtains and the competition made the participated company crazy. after all a huge sum of money has been exploited and they want it to pay off. I am not defending them because the image of my country is far more important that the company I work at but ... hane3mel aih.

    Dear Me,
    Yes I am soooo excited and so are my friends ... will go,watch the game, take photos if it's permitted and will tell u all about it isA. bas ya rab neksab.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home