Saturday, February 04, 2006

The Journey !

Dear,

Last Ramadan, I had a discussion with my father concerning performing 3omra together, as several years ago, he used to go every Ramadan and it's no longer the case due to his business commitments.

He mentioned one of his friends who always goes there by a ferry not a flight.
I imagined how beautiful and soothing it can be, for me … it's like combining everything that I love in one trip.

It's a trip which aims at worshiping god, until you get there you have the time to relax, and think about the blesses that god has granted us, as you are on the deck watching the sky and hear the silent sound of the sea, reading Koran, think about yourself, your life, get rid of all the negative feelings and thoughts and get really prepared.

My sister interrupted that talk and said something about these ferries safety … I answered, "they are safe…" besides if something wrong happens for any reason, it's a good end and isA rewarding.

But the other part of the story that I haven't seen in that fancy story was the REAL part of it.

Yesterday, I heard the sad news … watched on the TV the scenes and it was heartbreaking.

Again another tragedy in the carelessness play that I hope ends.

The dream I had, suddenly became a nightmare, still I believe that the victims are going to be rewarded isA. No one knows how his/her life is going to end or how it feels. But what if the reward is heaven ???

Initially I thought there were coming back from Pilgrimage, and that's why I remembered this discussion.

Dear God bless the victims and give their loved ones the patience and faith that they are in a better place isA. Hope to go to this better place too.

Yours,

4 Comments:

  • At 2:16 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Nesreen,
    InshAllah you get to do 3omra with your dad soon ya Rab...
    As for the ferry's victims.. Allah yer7amhom w ye7sebhom shohadaa inshAllah.... and as you said .. grant their families patience .. Ameen

    PS. I think "some" of the passengers were actually coming back from Hajj

     
  • At 2:22 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Ya Rab I would be able to do it soon.
    yes some of them were coming from Hajj. May god grant them the thawab... ' you know when someone dies during hajj, when ba3th, they sent back reciting talbeya ..." how great!!!. ya rab I truely wish for that honor.
    As for the rest, ya rab ye7sabo shohada2 isA.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    Amen to ur prayers.

    Remember the incident that happened in haj?? there was a professor from my college who passed away in it... it was shocking.... but at the same time i wish my end would be like his.

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Thanks Rain,
    Yes I do wish for a good end, we all do and may god grant us the honor.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home