Monday, December 19, 2005

Friends !

Dear ...

It's strange that no matter how hard it is for me to lose friends, I eventually lose them, or I can say some of them, not just one ... some.

Recent incident: happened with Noha, she is now mad at me and she doesn't talk to me. Although we work at the same company, that was because last Monday when we were supposedly all invited to the cocktail dinner, she asked me "why are you dressed like that" (formal), so I thought she wasn't invited, andI know she is so sensitive so I didn't want to hurt her feelings so I didn't answer I tried to change the subject and when she left my office I called Dalia as she was the one who initially told us about the dinner and asked her "how come Noha is not invited, she doesn't know anything about the dinner", she answer "no she knows, but she saidshe is not in a mood".... and till now she is still upset.

Another incident, two years ago, a friend of mine just decided to set me up with her cousin, so
the first impression was ok, but after that we were supposed to meet in an outing with some other friends, I went and I found out that he is a smoker, I know it sounds silly, but it's a huge problem for me, so I saw him smoking and that was a turn off for me, so after that she called to tell me that it went great and that he is asking about my feedback, I didn'tknow what to say but I couldn't lie... I tried to communicate it in a nice way and I don't think I commited a crime ... everyone has things that can't be tolerated, so it's my thing. and I couldn't hide it and say I will ask him to quit because I have no right asking him that unless he wanted to ... and there were other things that I didn't complain about on the contrary I tried to be supportive as I truely believe that ...

"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that couts can be counted"

Anyway, she hasn't talked to me till two weeks ago, I was surprised to find her finally calling me ... but she was different. and later on I discovered that she was asking about the vacancies at my company.

last one, happened to me without even knowing the reason, that was Marwa, my friend from college, I believe she is married now, she didn't invite me to her wedding and she no longer calls or asks about me.

On the other hand I still have dear friends that I do hope to always have...

Yours,

4 Comments:

  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Bee said…

    You're right. People are so phony at times (many times). They act weird with no reason, and when you react, they always expect a reason! Yeah, not to mention the type of people like your third friend asking about a job position, those are EVERYWHERE.. They hate you, and may hit you in the face if they want, and when they need something from you "oh sweatheart, where have you been honey? You look so beautiful today"... Yeah yeah yeah, those are really sick. By the way, that was not silly at all, a smoker is a complete legitimate turn off, if you will. Hold on to your beliefs.

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Hi Psychicwizdom,

    The weird thing is, I am always willing to help anyone and I feel that no one has to be extra friendly and get closer to get me to do him/her a favor. so why do they pretend...

    I will hold on to my belief, I can't help it :)but I appreciated the encouragement, I needed to be told that I am right.

    Nesreen

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Nightlegend said…

    It's always painful to lose friends ,happens all the time ,along the way alot of people get lost from us ,I had similar pains during my life ,I always mourned the absent friends although in most cases it wasn't my fault ,even sometimes people disappear or get changed like your friend who didn't invite you to her wedding ,we have to get accustomed to that ,it's one nast side of life.

    And by the way I guess you have alot of incredibly great friends here on the blogsphere ,same as I do ,and ofcourse you are one of them!

     
  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Hey Nightlegend,

    You are back ! How is your new job?

    Sometimes I ask myself don't the so called "lost friends" feel the same way as we do, didn't it matter to them to lose one of their friends too.

    Thank god I still have close and real friends that I do respect and love.

    As for the friends from the blogsphere, I can never deny their support when I badly needed someone to listen, someone who answers me back, and shares with me my thoughts ...

    when I first started writing, I was thinking that I don't want anyone to read what I write, it's too personal and private, especially that I write the things that I can't say out loud. and then I started getting comments and wonderful emails, I realized that I am HEARD and it felt great, the comments were always supportive and warm, I felt that it's ok to express myself, how I am feeling...
    and now after I post anything I keep checking comments very anxiously specially when I am confused, need an advise, or someone else's opinion.

    so to all who has give me some of his/her time to read and write back... I am very grateful, thank you.

    Special thanks to Norm

    Nesreen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home