Saturday, December 10, 2005

Weekend !

Dear …

I returned home last Thursday right after I finished my work, and I was supposed to meet a friend of Mine and have coffee together, but she apologized the last minute.
I wasn’t comfortable with the idea that I am going home, fearing that the quietness will grant me the opportunity to confront myself and I wasn’t ready for that, I was too exhausted to undertake this process which always lead to the blaming phase which is the most difficult one.

I went through the very daily routine and by 10:30PM I felt very sleepy, resisted a little then went to sleep to wake up the following morning at 11AM !... yes I slept for 12 continuous hours.

Decided to have a relaxing weekend and stay at home, and that’s what I did till 5PM I got bored and I went to do some shopping for clothes, I wasn’t focused at all and instead of clothes I bought myself a book and a couple of classic music tapes (not CD’s).

Went home with the entertaining stuff I got and began to read, the same thing happened again, went to sleep early .

I got up today at 8:30 AM and I am still insisting to remain at home and continue relaxing.
So I had breakfast and sat with my mom and sister for a while till they left, they had to run some errands, and remained still.

Again I am listening to the music and it is so beautiful, the funny thing is that as when the music gets softer, I felt as if I waiting to a voice to start narrating a story (like it happens in the movies…) and I wondered will it be a happy one…?
I turned the music up, it was really loud, I was trying to listen to nothing but the music, didn’t want to hear a thing not even my voice.

Back to the book, it wasn’t a novel… but here’s a good part …
“ The Warrior Of The Light is a believer …
because he believes in miracles, miracles begin to happen…
because he is sure that his thoughts can change his life, his life begins to change…
because he is certain that he will find love, love appears.”

Hope the rest of the week will be as peaceful…


Yours,

2 Comments:

  • At 4:20 AM, Blogger Norm Shaw said…

    Nesreen,

    I am working in Athens and have been thinking about you...I hope that your time at home helps you to recharge yourself and that you are finding confronting yourself less painful than you had feared.

    I am enjoying my work here...I read a book on the trip out which I think you would enjoy...it is called "The Alchemist", by Paul Coelho (not sure of the spelling of his name). The story is of a Spanish shepherd who travels to the Pyramids in search of his life's meaning. It was very moving.

    Take care and keep writing! Norm.

     
  • At 5:36 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Hi Norm,
    Yes the time I spent at home really paid off and confronting oneself is always essential to know where do you stand and what went wrong, no matter how bitter the blame can get ... anyhow, I feel much better now.
    You know what, that's exactly what I had in mind, I wanted to read “Alchemist” and “The Sea” ...both of them are written by Paulo Coelho.
    I read "Warrior of the light" and it's more of notes that a novel, it's a small book didn't require much concentration, but enjoyed it.
    Good luck and enjoy Athens.
    Very pleased by your comment., appreciate it…

    Nesreen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home