Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Please don't...

Dear …

Don’t say something unless you really mean it , because if you don’t’
… that a lie.
Don’t say will talk later to end the conversation and never call, because
… that’s also a lie.
Don’t answer the question if you don’t want to because if you do …
--- you will lie.
Hiding things is pretty much acceptable, at least
--- it’s better than a lie
Don’t try to impress me if I am not that important to lie, don’t make me
--- live a lie.
I have heard a lot of promises and you now what
… most of them were all lies.
Even the eyes that I thought they can never lie,
--- they did lie.
When you hear “I will never forget you” don’t believe it,
--- that a big lie.
A sugar coated truth can be essential sometimes,
… but it’s not an excuse to lie.
Trust is something that is built over time and needs a sincere effort to be maintained,
--- but it can collapse by a small lie.
I know that nobody is perfect, and we all make mistakes, but one thing that I can not really tolerate
… a lie.

That doesn’t mean I don’t lie, as a matter of fact I used to lie, thought that the small and minor lies won’t heart anyone. but I was so wrong, they drag with them series of lies until you find you are tired of trying to protect this lie from being uncovered and protecting your image by making up stories, until you no longer be able of distinguishing which is true or real and which is fake and discovering that the one whom you are lying to is yourself… i.

There are people who are seriously addicted to lies, it becomes a habit, and I discovered a very interesting fact about that …which is they lie to save themselves the explanation or to skip a conversation and may be the fear of losing someone or something… but eventually they will surrender and get used to the handling things the easier way..

You know what feels really sad …. these lies ruined a lot of beautiful relationship not only because the trust has fallen apart but also because when the attempt to keep concealing your lie doesn’t work , the only way out is to walk away or break up …

It’s not easy to come all of a sudden and tell someone, I am sorry I lied to you and here is the truth …, although it’s the best and the most dignified way to reconstruct the crashed and collapsed trust.
I used to think that .. Men can forget but don’t forgive & women can forgive but they don’t forget.
In all cases, lies really do hurt … please don’t lie.

Yours,

9 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Bee said…

    A lie could tear me apart, I'd rather spoil a relationship than tell a lie. It's always neat to straight things out, be sincere, fair and square than making up some story or telling a lie. Yet, you never know who's lying and who's not. I find it almost impossible to tell if somebody's lying, given that I don't know him/her and that I'm clueless on the information being mentioned. Like this whole comment of mine, could be a lie... Who knows!

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Dear Psychicwizdom,

    I feel the same, and I always assume that what people are telling the truth, asking myself that "why would they lie...?" but sometimes they do and you will never know or understand their reasons…
    and the worst thing is that this lie leaves a bitter feeling of being fooled, I have been there before :). and felt bad about myself that I am not that smart and that was very obvious to the one who lied to me otherwise he wouldn't have done it.

    Thanks a million for your comment and opinion.

    Nesreen

     
  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Hey Nermeena,

    Yes you are right, and what I don't like the most about saying things you don't really mean is that... words became meaningless and invaluable.

    When it comes to expressing yourself or feelings ...words are easiest way to be understood and perceived so we should be more careful, honest and sincere while using them.

    Thanks Sweetie,
    Nesreen

     
  • At 12:40 AM, Blogger Nightlegend said…

    What I can say? ,I am impressed ,avery deep analysis of the lying behaiour and attitudes ,nothing more can be said.

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Thanks Nightlegend,

    I can claim that's a different kind of analysis, that involves the heart rather than the mind.
    how lying can have this severe effect on how we feel.

    All the best,
    Nesreen

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Norm Shaw said…

    I once read that lying was one of the few things that people did naturally. I believe this, but it makes me sad...I respect the truth that I read here an congratulate you on your honesty...being honest is hard work! Unfortunately, most of the biggest lies come to us from those we need most to trust...our leaders and our media! The effort to plant seeds of truth, as you have done here, seems an impossible task...we can only watch the seeds and hope to see them grow...Best! Norm.

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Norm,

    I just want to express how glad and pleased I am to have a comment from you, it has been a long since your last comment :)
    And I have also noticed that you don't right frequently in your blog the way used to do.
    Hope you write more and more.

    Wishing you all the best and Many thanks for your comment.

     
  • At 5:37 AM, Blogger Me said…

    How very true ya Nesreen... love the way you captured these "every day" moments of lying (if I may call them that)... but I tend to assume that people aren't lying until proven otherwise... naive? ... maybe ...but that's the way I like to see the people around me... good first... then bad...

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Dear me,

    I used to assume that people aren't lying too, and I still do...
    but I was just trying to express how much it hurts when you discover that you have been diceived... thinking that may be the person who did that didn't know that it hurts that much...

    Thanks a million for the contribution .
    Nesreen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home