Thursday, November 02, 2006

"I'm worth a lot"

I read the follwing peice in an email and I did like it very much, thought of sharing it with you.

"In a brief conversation, a man asked a woman he was pursuing the question....question....

"What kind of man are you looking for?"

She sat quietly for a moment before looking him in the eye and asking.

"Do you really want to know?"

Reluctantly, he said, "Yes." She began to expound...

As a woman in this day and age, I am in a position toask a man what he can do for me that I can't do for myself.
I pay my own bills.I take care of my household without the help of any man.

I am in the position toask, "What can you bring to the table?"

The man looked at her. Clearly he thought that she was referring to money.

She quickly corrected his thought and stated, "I am not referring to money.
I need something more." I need a man who is striving for perfection in everyaspect of life.

" He sat back in his chair, folded his arms, and asked her toexplain.

She said, "I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection mentallybecause I need conversation and mental stimulation. I don't need a simple-mindedman.

" I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection spirituallybecause I don't need to be unequally yoked... believers mixed with unbelieversis a recipe for disaster.

I need a man who is striving for perfectionfinancially because I don't need a financial burden. I am looking for someonewho is sensitive enough to understand what I go through as a woman, but strongenough to keep me grounded. I am looking for someone who I can respect.

In orderto be submissive, I must respect him. I cannot be submissive to a man who isn'ttaking care of his business. I have no problem being submissive..taking care ofbe worthy.

God made woman to be a helpmate for man. I can't help a man if hecan't help himself. When she finished her spill, she looked at him. He sat therewith a puzzled look on his face.

He said, "You're asking a lot.

" She replied, "I'm worth a lot."

9 Comments:

  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said…

    u know what nesso, we should all say that
    "we worth a better life.." whoever we are.... you deserve the best,, all the way :)


    loved this piece awi

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Bee said…

    Oh god.... :) Im just speechless for the time being.

     
  • At 12:45 AM, Blogger freeSoul said…

    the story must have one of 2 ends:

    1- she didn't find this perfect man for her, she worth alot she kept reminding her self until she got too old and finally understood that she asked for too much

    she died alone cursing the day she deserved too much

    2- she fell in love with a very normal man, not perfect in anything but onething, he loves her..

    she forgave him for all the things missed in the picture she draw for him years ago and lived a normal happy life

    ----------------------------
    life don't give you the fancy pic you think about, on the other side, love is so much to equal all those conditions combined

     
  • At 2:09 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Blue,
    I knew u would understand what made me publish this piece in that particular timing, the hidden purpose inside me that I wanted to stress a point, we worth a lot indeed dear, we needed to say it, to hear it and never permit anyone to under grade it.
    Many thank my friend.

    PW,
    I liked it too and kept reading it when I first got it by email.
    So glad u liked it too.

    Free Soul,
    You are right, I do agree with u on what u said but I don't agree with what u understood and please allow me to clarify... we are not seeking perfection and by the way if perfection can exist ... it would be a very normal man who really loves from his heart and can offer even NOTHING but his heart. we can never ask for more.
    Many thanks for ur valuable opinion and ur first time in my blog :)

     
  • At 4:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    a woman think this way deserves alot .. yes ..

    and the one who is looking for something should ask for it ..

    but not all of us can express their wants and dreams this way ..

    some others don't know what they want in the first place ..

    what u r doing is showing others what can they look for .. it could be bless or curse ..

    some r striving for perfectionism, others see perfectionsim as life-killer cause it is like mirage, the more u pursue it, the greater possibility u'll get lost-forever ..

    anyways .. it was very motivating for me to read this kind of thoughts ... sankes :)

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Jannah said…

    Nesrina,
    Lovely post. ( as always )

    I agree that all what was described in the email was all revolving around a secure man loving with all his heart.

    We are worth alot and love is alot isn't it?

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    As usuall you know how to pick your subjects, very confusing this Women issue they gain their equality in almost anything and they fight as hard as men in almost every feild and ask not to be treated different than men in any opportunity but when it comes to love and marriage they ask for things as old days they demand a lot and think for just beeing there they deserve the best loving man ever.
    I think women should be more fair with man .
    da7na ghalaba :)

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Youssef,
    Sankes to you :D, look it's a bless to know what you want and to know that you won't necessary get it. after all it's life and it isn't meant to be perfect.

    Nerro,
    Ah walahi 3andaha 7a2 :D, nice quote sis.

    Jannah,
    Many thanks my dear, and yes Love is that "LOT" that we ask for and as long as we offer it, it's fair enough to get it in return.

    Hechkok,
    Why confusing? as I told Jannah, love is not so much to ask as long as it's mutual and therefore we would deserve it.
    ba3dain la2 ento mesh ghalaba :D

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I agree with his point of view. She was asking too much to what he had to offer... May be she should find someone else that can give her what she deserves... I don't know if deserve is the right term - I can find anyone more proper). I think he needs a calendar... Ok, I know that there is many places in the world where this is still a reality :( Fortunately, you're doing a good job to change that (this post it is just an example of that). :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home