Saturday, June 10, 2006

Empty !

The ship has sailed with no predetermined destination
But an urgency to leave and head to another shore, … another land !
How long will it take? , they said the journey itself is enjoyable.
My worst nightmare was not to be prepared,
Prepared for what ? … didn't know then.
So I took everything with me to feel secure.
Dreamt of a shore that I have never had a glimpse of.
Couldn't feel any fear at the beginning.
The sea was calm and the starry nights were enchanting
There were pink shades hanging over everything I see
I could see the mountains from a distance moving as if they are accompanying me.
I began to see something else ….
What is it ? … An island !
As we were getting closer, the wind started to blow.
I got scared a little, took a look at the far island,
Felt better and fell asleep.
I woke up the next morning, had another look … but,
The mountains were no longer seen, they totally vanished
Why did they leave me alone?
And why did they show up in the first place.
Moreover, there wasn't a trace of an island,
It was just the see and the sky, we were lost in a blue world.
That had no signs, borders or even any other color; only grades of blue.
Couldn't tell where the sea ends and where the sky begins.
I then knew what I used to see wasn't yesterday as I thought.
Seems, I totally lost track of time, there has been years.
Looked at other people's faces and saw them much older,
And saw myself in their eyes getting older as well.
There were some other people on the ship, where did they go?
Where are all my luggage, stuff, dreams, plans and hope … ?
Tried to look for them … asked myself will I still need them.
Found some hope in my soul but there are a lot of things missing.
As if it was leaking and now that I can save the rest,
Still I feel the emptiness.
Didn't check further…
Decided to keep the faith, and pray to reach the shore someday.
With no dreams … only reality is left.
I am now just wondering … what are left in these luggage?
Is there still anything inside or are they EMPTY?

7 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger lifeflaw said…

    Wonderful post... I can relate a lot to it.

    Will we ever reach our dream island? Does our dream island exist in the first place? or is it just an innocent dream? Anyway, I will continue sailing to my dream island even if it only exists in my mind. It would be easier for me to live with such a dream vivid in my mind and I won't let anyone take that from me.

     
  • At 3:34 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    Dear Nesrina,
    If the inside is empty, it doesn't matter how much luggage u possess.
    And vise versa , if the inside is not empty , u'll cope with empty luggages.

     
  • At 3:50 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    BTW , welcome back ,the blog and the bloggers are very happy to have u back :))).

     
  • At 4:24 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Thanks Ahmad,
    But I am seeing it differently. The islands for me were the phases of life. the sailing time is the time we spend switching from one phase to another, the directions are the decisions and choices of life. so the island is real ... and the dreams are what u would like the island to look like.
    Am I clearer now ? :))

    Rain,
    Again the luggage was a symbol of the things we have not own and some of them are intangible but important to us. the mountains are the support and strength.
    but in all cases u r right ... as long as the inside is empty nothing else matters.

    Many thanks I am very happy too to be back.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger roora said…

    I hope all your dreams would be true and you would be happy by having them by then ..and those you can't achieve and accept the reality ... I hope that you like (this reality ) and becomes part of your dream that you didn't know about , my best wishes for you nesrina :)

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Dear Roora,
    Many thanks for ur warm comment. May all ur dreams come true too :).
    I know ... this is life but I am just trying to be careful with what I am acquiring and losing throughout this journey (life)to intervene in the right time, ask god for help and support and take the corrective actions :)

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice site!
    » » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home