Monday, July 11, 2005

Thank you...

Dear...
“I know that when you look at me ..there is so much that you just don’t see” this is from a song that I relate to big time.
I believe there are three categories of people, one is those people who look so attractive and leave a very good first impression but after getting to know them you discover that there is nothing more that they can show or add …what you see is what you get, absolutely no surprises!
On the contrary , there is another category that seems so ordinary and sometimes they don’t leave a good impression or even unnoticeable but if you give them the chance you see their beauty.
The third category have the luckiest people , the so called “charismatic” they look glamorous, they are heard and recognized, whatever they say is important whatever they laugh about is funny,… wherever they go they find a company.
I belong to the second category myself, it’s not easy to be there but I began to see it differently but the permanent need to be given the chance is not easy especially that it’s never let out.
It’s so unfair to be viewed as unsociable person when you care and love people that much, I am sociable but can’t take the initiative…, I get along with people when they take the first step and approach and I do feel very grateful when they come to me , hold my hand while telling me it’s ok and patiently wait for me to take my baby steps towards them but in return these people (my friends and family) to me are my treasure and I can do anything for them…ANYTHING so what I want you to know is that I owe you a big “THANK YOU”.
Yours,

2 Comments:

  • At 4:42 AM, Blogger Norm Shaw said…

    Nesreen,

    This is a very touching post. I grew up in the second group. I was too tall and a little goofy. In High School, as sometimes happens, I broke out and became very popular. People have been attracted to me since, but I never forgot the loneliness of not completely belonging when I was a child. Having spent some time on the outside, I recognize how ephemeral the praise and love of many people really is and I don't credit the attention that I get today (most of it is a lie).

    I want you to know that I see great beauty in you. You have touched me from half-way around the world and that's a pretty special gift. I hope that those close to you can see what I see from afar. You deserve every happiness and I wish you nothing else. As you wait, remember the love that is in your heart...this is your strength and it ill see you through everything...even the waiting.

    God Bless You! Allah Akbar!

    Norm.

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Norm,
    As a matter of fact, your comment is touching too, what can I say,thank you is not enough.
    God bless you.

    Nerro,
    Thanks to you sis for the comment,I know that the way I act is what made me belong to the second group, I tend to keep a distance because it makes me feel safer and as I know that people are not as emotional as I am. I think I have to give them a some space...
    All the best,
    Nesreen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home