Friday, August 25, 2006

There once was a castle

The story begins one sunny day on a beach, saw beautiful castles built on the sand. I guess I couldn't recognize the fact that they were not real, they were built for fun and no one ever thought that they could be inhabited.
Dreamt of having a home of my own, not necessarily as big or beautiful as those castles and told myself no matter how humble it's going to be I will love it because I have made it.
Started to think of the shape of the castle I am going to build, got carried away … lost track of time. Forgot about the other castles and people.
The materials I used were sand, water, passion, dreams and love. My little castle started to take its shape. Wished to get some help but no one offered any…. have to admit I was too proud to ask.
Never lost hope that the one meant to share with me the castle would show up and get the castle done together.
Everyday I used to say he is coming tomorrow … started to get tired. And one day just saw someone standing near me, knew from the first moment that he is like no one else, felt as if I have seen him before, the guy of my dreams came out of my dreams and stood in front of me.
I was thrilled and the way he looked at me was as if he knew me too. Paused for a minute without saying a word till I felt it's awkward but in my heart I just felt …he is the one.
He never got any nearer but his presence gave me a big push. I worked harder and harder but kept wondering why he is keeping a distance. Is he waiting for a sign from me… what sort of sign does he need. Wouldn't that be against my pride ? finally just prayed he comes and decided to keep working.
Fell asleep and dreamt that the castle was built and became the most wonderful castle of them all. It was so warm and cozy, went to check out the rooms inside… loved everything about it, the colors, simplicity, an enchanting sunset view from the window, a very soft sound of music that I couldn't tell where is it coming from and the smell of freshly baked vanilla flavored cookies.
Got outside, looked at the direction of the sea , felt it was farther .. watched the sun getting smaller and turning into a darker orange color while sinking gracefully in the sea. Turned my head and looked around the castle and instead of the sand there was a very nice garden with white and pink roses across all sides and reddish brown rectangular pots of lavender and parsley near all the windows. While exploring the garden I happened to spot just one blue Iris flower in the middle of the greenery. Couldn't overlook the feeling that it's sad and lonely and for a reason I empathized with it.
I went and touched it very gently and all of the sudden, I found it aging, drying and wrinkling … the very smooth flower turned to a rough grainy powder in less than a minute. Guess the shock wake me up. Opened my eyes in to realize that it was a just a dream, but felt something in my hand, the same rough grainy powder. it was some grains of sand and found my castle all washed out. Just mild traces left.
No one was still on the beach, it was so cold and the sky was cloudy. Before I could stand up, it started to rain heavily to announce that it was winter already.
Looked further to see if anyone or any of the built castles still exist but they were all gone …
Now that I have learned from the best, I realize that it was all my fault … it's ok to chase your dream and try to make it real… but sand and water are never the right tools.
How come I wanted something so hard and I didn't build it as strong as it should have been.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger E N G Y said…

    Beautiful post ya Nesreena..Just beautiful!

     
  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Many thanks ya Juka :)

     
  • At 2:02 AM, Blogger salateenoo said…

    so delicate post...conveys the sensitive behind the post...very nice illustration...

     
  • At 2:30 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Thanks sooooooooo much ya Salateeno for your very kind words.

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Life returns to our heart its most beautiful feelings when we run after our dreams. As beautiful they are, as beautiful our life becomes...
    When we run after a dream it's not the way that is important, the important is the determination that we have to rich it. In this way, we can make our life into an open castle, where all his beauty can be seen from the outside but also inside... where the richness of a loving heart reflects his entire splendour, his majesty... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home