Thursday, January 04, 2007

Dancing Queen

"You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourineYou can dance,
you can jive, having the time of your lifeSee that girl, watch that scene, ... "

Deep inside I am just that girl, can't really tell how different am I now than when I was seventeen, it has been eleven years … but I can't feel them.
If age is what you feel, I am definitely not 28 or let me say 29, …

I am not afraid of being old, I do respect and appreciate older or senior people, they are wiser, more mature, more experienced, … years carry with them pearls and jewels and whenever a year passes, it leaves you with one of them till you have a whole tiara like the one that grand parents have.

And it's not only I don't feel my age, I guess don't look my age too. I didn't realize that till I got that new job and during the phase of getting acquainted with my new colleagues.
It didn't bother me a all hearing the same comment that " no way you look younger" till it started to be challenging with superiors, with them explaining and elaborating things for me as if it's my first time to be asked about specific tasks and then their surprise having the tasks done. It's manageable after all, and it doesn’t harm to have a fresh look on one's image every once in a while.

I was never a foolish child; never got myself or anyone into trouble, have been the one who listens and tries to understand since I was young. So may be that's why I don't feel any difference.

Another thing, if you measure something there must be a scale… so assuming that the range is the lifetime and since no one knows at what age will it end … so, you can't say from a scale 1 to 70 or 80 I am middle aged or not because may be I won't reach 70 or even the next day.

I saw a program the other day on TV asking celebrities where would they like to be in 10 years, and the answer that really touches me was "to be alive". Yes we take our lives for granted instead of seeing it as a gift.

My advice is, embrace your lives, appreciate each day, make a difference and always remember it's a journey that will end one day so it's better you leave something of value behind and get reward for it.

I know that wouldn't ryme but I don't care :D

"I am a dancing queen, young and sweet only 28 :)"

4 Comments:

  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said…

    yay! mabrook on the new template.. I love this one even more..

    wait for me to read the post when i have time....
    brb then

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I guess people should never think about their age , we live the life as we want , being childish is a blessing and you get old only when your heart become old but those who keep young hearts always remain young, but I was a very foolish child and I still am.

     
  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    To me, this is one of the most beautiful posts that you ever wrote :))) I guess it is because it's January :p
    So much energy... how can it be possible in a seventeen's girl... :))) I think my monitor turned brighter while I was reading... seriously!
    You really said almost everything but I want to emphasize your last idea. Most of the people doesn't know where their lives go... So they don't see it as something really precious, something that has a great value to us but much, much more to the others. Knowing what you are, knowing where you want to go or what you want to do it is a privilege to a few because only a few discover inside of them the greatest gift that they are. I'm very glad for you, and I think that sooner or later you will follow your "crazy thought"'s wishes ;) ...lucky the guy that take you with him :)
    I have already forgotten my age at a job interview... No matter if 28... or 29... or if you will enter in the thirty’s. It's what you feel that matters (if your look helps, better, but it's only a little detail) The beautiful treasure inside your heart will never be old. Will shine, and shine, more and more... How can be reject such a gift?...

    For I am sure, there’s one thing to remember...
    We should LIVE everyday, from January till December :D

    It was very nice reading you... once again :)

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Blue,
    So glad u like it dear, I loved it as it's light blue, very simple.. .that's what I needed.

    Hechkok,
    You are absolutely right, being childish is being innocent and pure no one can deny that.
    Don't think you were a foolish child, your writings always tell that you are responsible and caring person, nothing is foolish about that :D

    Emlino,
    Thanks, I am really flattered, and I do agree it's January ... yay :D
    Yes, what you feel is what really matters.
    It was a real pleasure reading your comment and sweet words.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home